The history of Sainte Marie goes back to the 18th century. The lands of Sainte Marie belonged then to the Monastery of Verne located a little bit higher in the massif des Maures. In those days less than ten hactares were cultivated with grapevines.
In 1884, a terrible epidemic of cholera beat down on the whole region and stopped right on our property. A statue of the Virgin Marie was built in recognition. It gave its name to our property and our best wine.
Since then, several generations of winegrowers have succeeded one another emphasizing a land of exception and producing wines of high quality.